Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Long Way to Maturity: a Success Story of PHP As Web App Platform

PHP has been developed into a full-fledged alternative to a number of programming languages and Web development platforms such as Java/JSP, ASP.NET, and Ruby on Rails which are traditionally considered to be more advanced and/or mature than PHP.

Before going to the point, I would first like to give a definition of the concept of programming language maturity. Further on, I will go through the history of PHP outlining the most notable milestones PHP has passed through on its way to maturity. After that, I will highlight the practical outcomes of these milestones. Finally, I will summarize the above and share my views on the future of the PHP software development industry. Read the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment